These are all the places I’m aware of where people play touch football. If you know of a regular game of touch football, please email the details to me at david at minnesotatouchfootball dot com and I will post there here.
Minneapolis Touch Football
- Northeast Athletic Fields – This is a game I organize. We have been playing every Saturday, 52 weeks a year, for the past 15 years.
- Van Cleve Park – I’ve seen pickup games being played here fairly often. It is usually college kids from the University of Minnesota.
- City of Minneapolis – The City of Minneapolis organizes a league that plays August through October
- Breck High School – I’ve played with a group of guys a couple of times who play at the Breck High School field
St. Paul Touch Football
- St. Paul Touch Football – At McMurray Fields on Sundays – This too is a game I organize. We play every Sunday before or after Vikings games, depending on when they play. If the Vikings play at noon, then we play after the game, usually about 3 o’clock. If the Vikings play at 3 PM, then we play at Noon. If the Vikings don’t play on Sunday, we play at noon.
- City Of St. Paul League – The City of St. Paul organizes a fall league
Twin Cities Touch Football
- Cities Sports Connection – This league requires a fee. They play in the Spring, Winter and Fall at various locations in Minneapolis and St. Paul. It’s pretty expensive, ranging from sixty to eighty dollars per player, depending upon how many people you have on your team. There are men’s and co-ed leagues. I personally think the men’s league is biased in favor of one team that has been playing there for years and wins the championship nearly every year. The league needs to do something about that.
- Vadnais Heights Flag Football – The league plays Saturdays.